How To: Wash Your Scout or Onbuhimo
Washing your Sakura Bloom is easy!
Get a little something on your carrier but aren't ready for a full wash? Spot clean it.
Spot clean fabric when necessary with a gentle detergent and cool water, just be sure the detergent is free of optical brighteners, enzymes, and baking soda. We love Soak Wash, Unicorn Fibre Wash and Ecos Free & Clear.
Need a deeper clean? Wash your Scout or Onbuhimo by following our simple tutorial below.
1. Fill a basin with cold water and add a little liquid detergent. You want something free of baking soda, optical brighteners and enzymes, we love Soak.
2. Gently swish your carrier around for 1 minute.
3. Lay out your carrier on a clean towel and roll to press out excess water.
4. Hang to dry, preferable inside and out of the sun. Sunlight can fade natural fibers. Steam iron, if desired.
5. If your carrier has leather - condition leather using a small amount of leather conditioner on a clean, dry cloth (preferably white).
Pro Tip! Conditioning your leather straps once a month, or so as needed will keep it soft and looking its best. Our favorites are Chamberlain's Leather Milk, Soak detergent, and for stains we love Buncha Farmer's Stain Stick.