We look forward to the days when our typical sunny and warm San Diego weather turns a bit chilly and we get to break out our scarves and boots and pretend we have seasons here. For those of you living in a true winter wonderland or considering babywearing in colder temps here are some tips from Sakura Bloom:
• Layers, layers, layers! We find that light layering is the easiest way to stay warm, and be able to adjust both your temperatures. A snug, thin long sleeve is a great way for you stay warm without your baby getting overheated. Add a cozy sling and a chunky sweater or coat on top, and you're good to go!
• Scarves, hats/beanies, leg warmers and mittens for baby and you are great where heat escapes the most.
• Quality, natural textiles like wool or cashmere are ideal for their temperature regulation.
• Coats, ponchos, scarves and other articles can shift when wearing a baby or putting a carrier on so always check in on baby frequently. Their airway should always be clear and visible.
• Keep in mind you and baby help keep each other warm, and you don’t want to overdress.
This is the perfect time of year to snuggle your little ones and keep them close. Enjoy your winter babywearing!