Get a little something on your sling? Patting it gently with a cold, damp washcloth should do the trick for a quick on the spot cleaning.
Need a deeper clean? Here's how to do it!*
- Unthread your sling.
- Fill a basin with cold water and add little liquid detergent. You want something free of optical brighteners and enzymes, we love Soak.
- Gently swish your sling around for 1 minute. It may lose some dye, that is ok.
- Remove sling and empty the water.
- Fill the basin again with cool water, this time adding 1/4 c vinegar.
- Add sling and gently swish around for 1 minute.
- Remove the sling from the water and gently roll into a towel to remove excess water.
- Hang the sling to dry inside, and out of any direct sunlight. Silk can shrink a bit in the wash, pull on the sling gently to regain some length.
- While the sling is still slightly damp (dry is ok, too), steam iron on the hottest setting while gently pulling the sling back into shape.
*Washing our Simple Silk gives the silk a more matte appearance which most of our customers love, to preserve the original sheen of your silk sling, we recommend a combination of spot cleaning and environmentally-friendly dry cleaning.
**Keep in mind that all of our slings are lovingly crafted from all-natural textiles, so just like a pair of black jeans or a colored t-shirt, each time you wash your sling, it may lose a bit of color.