1. Fill a basin with cold water and add a little liquid detergent. You want something free of optical brighteners and enzymes, we love Soak.
2. Gently swish your carrier around for 1 minute.
2. Lay out your carrier on a clean towel and roll to press out excess water.
3. Hang to dry out of the sun. Steam iron the linen, if desired.
4. If your carrier has leather - condition leather using a small amount of leather conditioner on a clean, dry cloth (preferably white).
TIP! Conditioning your leather straps once a month, or so as needed will keep it soft and looking its best.
To preserve the life of your Sakura Bloom Scout and/or Onbuhimo follow our storage recommendations below.
For Everyday Storage - We like to keep our Scout/Onbuhimo hanging by our door, ready to go, keeping them out of direct sunlight when not in use. On a hanger in the hall closet or bedroom helps preserve the straps evenly. For compact travel, both carriers fold up nicely into themselves. Added tip: you can detach the strap and secure it around the folded carrier for the slimmest profile.
Long Term Storage - If you plan to store your Scout/Onbuhimo for an extended period of time, we recommend not folding the leather straps as to not crease it.